How to start Animals & Pet Care Business
It is not too much hard to figure out that why pets are pampered and integral to the lives of people. Pets bring joy, love unconditionally, give a sense of well-being and pets help to lower down blood pressure.
Number of people consider their pets as their “kids,” and relate to all of them better than they do to the people!
In Pet Businesses start-up guide, you will find advices that you need to start 1 out of 5 different types of pet-service businesses and pet-products which are in demand nowadays: upscale pet products, pet-food sales, pet grooming, dog training and pet sitting/dog walking.
Have a look at 5 types of Pet-Care Businesses
1. Dog Walking/Pet Sitting: If you really get charmed by all things like feathered, finned and furred then this is the best profession for you.
Like a professional pet sitter, you will care for the people’s pets while they are away, either for longer period of time like during business trips and vacations.
Pet sitters give them injections or medication, brush them, feed them, play with their charges.
They even offer other more services just to make life easier for their customers, like taking out trash and watering plants, bringing in newspapers and mail, changing cat litter boxes and cleaning up accidents.
2. Dog Training: Part psychology, part instruction, field of dog training need great and amazing people skills.
You need to talk with them kindly, reinforce their behavior and deal with them very patiently. While background in psychology can be very helpful, a true love of both pets and people.
3. Pet Grooming: From clipping and bathing to tying cleaning ears and bows, nation’s around 50,000 – 70,000 pet groomers do more than only change pets’ appearance-they too make them feel better both psychologically and physically.
In an addition, groomers are the very first to notice that pet has a skin condition, ear mites or other more medical issues which you should brought to the attention of veterinarian.
4. Pet Food/Treats: Whether it’s virtual or brick-and-mortar, a pet store which specializes in pet food and treats may be a great source of moneymaker.
Today many pet owners are willing to spend huge amount of dollars to buy best of everything for “fur children,” that include treats and food.
5. Target Market: As per Pet Age magazine, over 6/10 U.S. households own at least 1 pet.
Not all of these households have designer marabou-trimmed beds in the master bedroom, but people were buying products just to pamper their kitties and pooches to make pet-supply industry around $5.86 billion market in year 2003.