How To Start Recreation, Resorts & Camping Business In Canada
Tourism business is one of the very important and a multi-million dollar businesses in Canada that caters thousands of people every year. This business offer an opportunity to entrepreneurs to make huge amount of money. Below are the steps that help to guide that how to start recreation, resorts & camping business in Canada.
It’s essential and important to understand that in order to start a successful recreation, resorts & camping business you need a best business plan, a good understanding of management principles and sufficient investment.
1. Decide type of recreation, resorts & camping business that you want to start: There are popular types of campgrounds which are seasonal campsites, campgrounds for RVs, year-round campgrounds, tent-only campgrounds and campgrounds which target an audience which is fishing enthusiast.
2. Draw a sound business plan for camping business: In this, analyze the feasibility and competition of a recreation, resorts & camping at a chosen location, and this includes a development and construction plan to develop physical part of your camping business.
3. Present your business plan to your bank or investors to obtain necessary funding.
4. Register your business with your city to get license for your business.
5. Obtain development and construction permits with appropriate state or city department.
6. Put your best team together to construct/develop your camping business.
– Develop a dump station for RVs, electrical wiring for RV hookups, paving, the landscaping and plumbing.
– Construct all of the recreational areas like an office, laundry facilities, a bathhouse, swimming pools, game rooms, fire rings and picnic areas with tables.
7. Hire service and maintenance personnel. Make sure that they all have experience in the tourism industry and are reliable.
8. Develop a website for your camping business that includes information about area with suggestions and photos for activities. Also mention about your online reservation where guests can book the dates when they want to come. Write to organizations and websites that list camping to have your business added to the list that links with your website.
9. Advertise your recreation, resorts & camping business in international, national and local tourism publications.